getting ready to hang it up
I'd like to take a break from blogging. I write primarily to think aloud, but the feedback I get from you, the reader, generally does clear my head, so stopping is a bad idea, too. I've engaged in writing about a lot of unpopular causes this year, and been wrong (or disappointed) every time, and I think it is better for me to stop paying attention and just work on the positive things. I look back at most of what I've published in the last few months and it seems like a sea of unending bitterness and outrage. You are what you eat, and what you eject, and I want to return to sunnier outlook.
The only way I know how to do that is stop reading the news, get to the beach, exercise, and work on fun projects - and especially - focus on and finish them, and put them aside.
0) To access my canon coherently really needs me to move off of blogger.
1) I can't seem to clearly write anything longer than 3000 words in linear time.
2) Focus. I have been unable to focus on any one project for more than a couple days this whole year. My backlogs require weeks of dedicated work on each, with rigor.
3) Time. I've identified that I'm involved in way too many things, and yet I keep finding new things to do. In particular, I'm addicted to the prolefeed
4) Money. I would really like to finish something I can be proud of before I run out of money.
5) Brain buffer overflow: switching between spanish, english, c++, python, and C is killing my productivity. At least one of these has to go. Preferably 4. I'm thinking of getting rid of english as I can always get it back.
Just in my writing backlog alone are:
End of worlds: What's wrong with wireless internet
Designed to Disconnect: A 9000+ word piece about fixing what's wrong with the internet
Designed to Disintegrate: What's wrong with manufacturing and distribution
These three pieces above keep fragmenting. I've been trying to tie them together for months.
Positive space: The good things that are happening in the space business
Control Populations: Why preserving subcultures is good
World Domination 201 revisited: What happened to the 64 bit revolution?
Sad realizations about Austrian economics and libertarianism
Impressions of New Zealand & Australia
Who I intend to vote for, and why
Songwise, I have the fragments to a couple grumpy songs - unlike the humorous "gordo" I wrote last year, I'm still working on the dark "00ze", and the darker still "blood on the water". I need a happy subject to sing about, haven't come up with one.
Workwise, I published my backlog on that a while back
Personwise, I'm on diet and waiting for the jellyfish to clear out before I hit the water again...
So I think I'm going to start by dumping as much of the backlog into the blog as I can,
and then stop thinking about it for a while. My apologies in advance for the quality of the upcoming work.