those pesky chain forms
(I'm supposed to send this to 10 friends to also fill out, but they wouldn't be friends anymore if I cluttered up their mailboxes this way, so I'm cluttering up my blog with it instead. Go figure)
1. FIRST NAME? Michael
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Archangel Michael, the LightBringer. David - Michelangelo's David - my parents wanted me to grow up big, strong, well hung and 17 feet tall. And "Taht" is Estonian for "star or planet".
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last successful shuttle launch. (At how much it cost)
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? i Am yDsgrAphic
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Good Mozzarella and tomato. Otherwise I like my lunchmeats in combinations like a genuine NJ hogie. And - as I've tried to make clear to Safeway and Subway on innumerable disappointed occasions - it ain't the meat that makes the sandwich - but the texture of the roll, the taste of the peppers, and the lettuce. Whenever I can't stand left coast subs anymore I call up Joe's Pizza in Somers Point, NJ, and have them airmail me a "Joes Special". I have the number memorized: (609) 927-4637.
If I feel particularly ornery, I then go eat it near the local Subway. The luscious smell covers a 40 foot wide area. Their customers crowd around asking where I got it.
6. KIDS? None that I know of, unless someone scraped sperm off a tissue.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Probably not, I can barely stand myself most of the time. I wouldn't mind if I could be split into multiple parts - the engineer could go off and do sound work, the musician do music, the libertine go off and explore strange new cultures, the loving husband spend all the time required to make his SO happy, the historian go pounding through ancient history, and the writer finish writing a book - then maybe, we could meet up once a month to exchange notes and have a beer. We'd probably argue a lot.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I keep a blog. It used to be a LOT more personal than it is now. I don't have a place for my most personal thoughts at the moment.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Oh, NO. NEVER.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yes
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Done it thrice. Threw up. Would do it again now that I have new eyes and can see something other than a blur going by as I throw up. Is it still "throwing up" if you are hanging upside down?
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? They don't make it anymore. It was healthy, yet tasty, and I can't remember the name. My mom would know.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I don't even untie them when I put them on. Sandals are nice that way.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? No. I get tired just lifting my carcass out of bed.
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Varies. Chocolate chip cookie dough or mint chocolate chip.
16. SHOE SIZE? 9 1/2 triple E
17. RED OR PINK? RED
18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My belly.
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My High School gf.
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? naw.
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? A white towel. My feet are bare.
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Frozen hot croissant pocket.
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The dryer.
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Do they have an eraser? I'd like to be an eraser.
25. FAVORITE SMELL? A home cooked meal filling the house with wonderful odors. Croissant pockets are a poor substitute.
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A customer having problems with his voice install.
27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? That generally, they aren't attracted to me.
28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? On alternate tuesdays.
29. FAVORITE DRINK? Coffee.
30. FAVORITE SPORT? Hate watching sports. Enjoyed playing football (too old now). Enjoyed baseball (no young son to share that with, but some of my friends' kids are getting old enough), Golf is right out (bad back).
I guess you'd have to say playing and watching volleyball on the beach. I bike, but it's not a "sport".
31. EYE COLOR? bluegreen
32. HAT SIZE? "large". Love hats.
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Used to. Had the operation. I sometimes miss the ability to take off my glasses and see the world as a blur. It helped me think.
34. FAVORITE FOOD? Triple decker peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy all the way through. I can do scary, with a companion that doesn't mind me clawing her thigh in fear, or me shouting out - "No, don't split up! it's going to kill you all, don't you understand!", repeatedly.
36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIES? Prairie Home Companion. I almost stayed to watch the midnight show ("A scanner darkly") but decided that watching the neo-anarchist crowd waiting to see it was disturbing enough.
37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? I'm naked at the moment. My chest hair is black, mixed with grey. My... well, you don't need to know that.
38. SUMMER OR WINTER? I HATE winter.
39. HUGS OR KISSES? Group hugs, long kisses.
40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Terra Misu.
41. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? people I don't send this to.
2. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? people I send this to.
43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Finished Jared Diamond's Collapse a few weeks ago, am still digesting it. He and Neal Stephenson always make me go to the library to pick up references, got a book on ocean biology yesterday. Finished Vernor Vinge's latest book last week. Have a backlog of science magazines and a book of poetry in the bathroom.
44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Coffee Stains.
45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I haven't watched TV since a 6 month long Tivo driven orgy of catching up with all the star treks, mash, Dr who, and Babylon V. That was in 2000, I think. Lots of commercials flash through my mind at high speed when I think of that year.
46. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Silence. A Bosendorfer piano. Moaning. All three at the same time works for me. I worship Glenn Gould for these reasons.
47. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles all the way. Mick Jagger was supposed to kill himself at 30. I'm still waiting.
48. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Stockholm.
49. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I can fix software like nobody I know.
50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? 8-11-65 in Atlantic City, NJ
51. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? An old friend.